In September, the Moscow City University resumed its university seminar “What is an Activity Approach in Education” under the guidance of the Rector of the Moscow City University, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences Igor Remorenko and the Chief Researcher of the Laboratory for Design of Activity Content of Education at the Moscow City University, Professor, Doctor of Psychology Boris Elkonin.
At the first meeting, Boris Elkonin made an introductory report. He outlined the main contexts for the discussion of the activity approach in the framework of the second series of the seminar: action and sign in learning. In addition to issues related to situations requiring action, and retaining openness of opportunities, the speaker touched upon the problems of understanding the learning task and building a new type of education.
Igor Remorenko continued the presentation of his colleague and suggested raising development layers at the seminar, which are being developed outside the institutional forms, and also raise the question of how the work supports should be arranged.
The seminar leaders also discussed the possible focusing of the reports: the search for development situations, the search for development methodology, the search for development itself in the school. Boris Elkonin and Igor Remorenko found it possible to retain all the listed focusings with a clear indication of positions, since such polarization will help to “revive” the seminar.
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019