The annual meeting of the working group Building Evidence in Education (BE2) took place on 20th– 22nd April in Washington DC. Expert of the Center for International Cooperation for Education Development attended the meeting and made presentation on upcoming cross-country research.
Day one of the three-day agenda allowed members of the BE2 group to become more familiar with the activities of the International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity (often referred to as Education Commission) and to provide input on a selected set of their research topics. The Education Commission’s objectives and research agenda align with many of BE2’s goals.
The second and third days of the meeting focused on systematic reviews with the goal to develop a systematic review platform concept based on BE2 members’ input. Also on the last 2 days members explored research collaboration opportunities in an interactive setting. Last day provided important opportunities for members to share their vision about the future of BE2, make decisions about next steps and meet in small groups.
To find out more on the works and the agenda of the International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity please follow this link.
The working group BE2 was founded in 2012. Its main goal is to increase the production and use of rigorous evidence in education policy and implementation. Its members are leading researchers of education from organizations such as UNICEF, USAID, European commission, DFID and others.
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019