The goal of any education system is to teach students the ability to live a full and productive life. Currently, the education system of East Asia is one of the best in the world. In spite of outstanding achievements it continues transformations aimed at deepening the quality of education and developing skills for students that meet the challenges of the 21st century. These skills include learning and innovation, digital literacy, life skills and careers.
The World Bank experts conducted a study of the education systems in East Asia and identified a number of areas in which changes are taking place. Firstly, these are new curriculas that are relevant to the labor market. Secondly, it is an attention to student-centered assessments. Thirdly, it is the development of social and emotional skills.
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019