The goal of any education system is to teach students the ability to live a full and productive life. Currently, the education system of East Asia is one of the best in the world. In spite of outstanding achievements it continues transformations aimed at deepening the quality of education and developing skills for students that meet the challenges of the 21st century. These skills include learning and innovation, digital literacy, life skills and careers.
The World Bank experts conducted a study of the education systems in East Asia and identified a number of areas in which changes are taking place. Firstly, these are new curriculas that are relevant to the labor market. Secondly, it is an attention to student-centered assessments. Thirdly, it is the development of social and emotional skills.
- New issue of CICED newsletter 28.05.2020
- The articles of “In-classroom assessment practices” contest winners were published 05.05.2020
- UNSSC online course “Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development” 30.04.2020
- Online course on statistics for Sustainable Development from UNITAR 28.04.2020
- IRSA project participants will present its concept and outcomes at CIES-2020 02.02.2020
- 21st Century Skills implementation progress examined at GPE report 01.02.2020
- CICED experts will participate at CIES-2020 conference 26.01.2020
- “Measuring math self-concept among middle schoolers: questionnaire development and validation”: CICED expert’s article at PME&Yandex conference proceedings 23.01.2020
- Seminar devoted to IRSA research conducting was held on December 10-11 in Bishkek 23.12.2019
- CICED wishes you Happy Holidays! 20.12.2019