The modern educational environment can play the role of the “third teacher” (after parents and teachers), allowing to significantly improve educational results. This is stated in a study prepared by the Russian Textbook Corporation and the Moscow City University (MGPU) with analytical support from the World Bank. The presentation of the study took place at the international conference EDCrunch.
The researchers set themselves the task of defining the concept of a modern educational environment in an international and Russian context, describing the criteria for its assessment and recording the best practices that exist in this field.
According to the vice-president of the corporation “Russian textbook” Maxim Lozovsky, it is necessary to train teachers to work in the new environment, since the infrastructure becomes an educational environment only if there are subjects of the educational process. World Bank analyst Maria Ustinova added that, at the age of 15, the average student from OECD countries spends 7,538 hours inside school knowledge. In her opinion, such studies are necessary to ensure the long-term effect of all investments in education.
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019