The modern educational environment can play the role of the “third teacher” (after parents and teachers), allowing to significantly improve educational results. This is stated in a study prepared by the Russian Textbook Corporation and the Moscow City University (MGPU) with analytical support from the World Bank. The presentation of the study took place at the international conference EDCrunch.
The researchers set themselves the task of defining the concept of a modern educational environment in an international and Russian context, describing the criteria for its assessment and recording the best practices that exist in this field.
According to the vice-president of the corporation “Russian textbook” Maxim Lozovsky, it is necessary to train teachers to work in the new environment, since the infrastructure becomes an educational environment only if there are subjects of the educational process. World Bank analyst Maria Ustinova added that, at the age of 15, the average student from OECD countries spends 7,538 hours inside school knowledge. In her opinion, such studies are necessary to ensure the long-term effect of all investments in education.
- The articles of “In-classroom assessment practices” contest winners were published 05.05.2020
- UNSSC online course “Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development” 30.04.2020
- Online course on statistics for Sustainable Development from UNITAR 28.04.2020
- IRSA project participants will present its concept and outcomes at CIES-2020 02.02.2020
- 21st Century Skills implementation progress examined at GPE report 01.02.2020
- CICED experts will participate at CIES-2020 conference 26.01.2020
- “Measuring math self-concept among middle schoolers: questionnaire development and validation”: CICED expert’s article at PME&Yandex conference proceedings 23.01.2020
- Seminar devoted to IRSA research conducting was held on December 10-11 in Bishkek 23.12.2019
- CICED wishes you Happy Holidays! 20.12.2019
- Conference on education quality assessment took place in Moscow 17.12.2019