The modern educational environment can play the role of the “third teacher” (after parents and teachers), allowing to significantly improve educational results. This is stated in a study prepared by the Russian Textbook Corporation and the Moscow City University (MGPU) with analytical support from the World Bank. The presentation of the study took place at the international conference EDCrunch.
The researchers set themselves the task of defining the concept of a modern educational environment in an international and Russian context, describing the criteria for its assessment and recording the best practices that exist in this field.
According to the vice-president of the corporation “Russian textbook” Maxim Lozovsky, it is necessary to train teachers to work in the new environment, since the infrastructure becomes an educational environment only if there are subjects of the educational process. World Bank analyst Maria Ustinova added that, at the age of 15, the average student from OECD countries spends 7,538 hours inside school knowledge. In her opinion, such studies are necessary to ensure the long-term effect of all investments in education.
- The leaders of school education in Russia have been announced 22.04.2021
- Russia will participate in PIRLS-2021 and PISA-2022 08.04.2021
- New article: “Revisiting sustainable development Goal 4 in the context of COVID‐19 Pandemic” 27.03.2021
- European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education and the Network of Education Policy Centers in partnership with GEM publishes a new report on the state of education in Central and Eastern Europe 21.03.2021
- New TIMSS 2019 joint report released by International Association for Educational Achievements (IEA) and UNESCO 14.03.2021
- International Association for Educational Achievements announces global study for 21st Century skills 07.03.2021
- The World Bank Civil Society Policy Forum (CSPF) registration is now open 28.02.2021
- Capacity Development Workshop Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) 2021 21.02.2021
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network Launches Book Club with Jeffrey Sachs 14.02.2021
- UNESCO Roadmap for next ten years of Education for Sustainable Development launched in every region 07.02.2021