International conference “The results of TIMSS and PISA 2015 and the factors influencing changes in the education system” was held in Moscow on 1st of February 2017. It was attended by representatives from more than 30 countries and all regions of Russia.
Participants discussed the results of international comparative research of education quality, their practical use, the influence of transformations in the educational systems on the level of preparation of students.
By the results of TIMMS and PISA 2015 Russia confirmed its leading position in mathematics and science education.
Positive impact on the quality of education in Russia was made after the introduction of new state educational standards, introduction of national examinations in grades 9 and 11 and objective assessment of graduates by Unified States Exam and hard work that was performed on the results of this assessment.
The representatives of Israel, Lithuania, Turkey, Estonia and Germany presented the results of their countries in international studies and factors that influenced changes in education. Russian officials presented the reforms conducted in the school system of Moscow that allowed city schools to become one of the world leading.
- Join RTI International and NISSEM for a panel discussion on Social-Emotional Learning: From Policy to Practice 06.12.2019
- Discussion of the prospects of using SAM tool for development of classroom assessment was held at EAOKO conference 26.11.2019
- Test items development training was held as part of the EAOKO conference 26.11.2019
- IRSA study workgroup meeting 25.11.2019
- VIII annual international EAOKO conference was held is Minsk 25.11.2019
- Harry Patrinos speech on achievements and future of READ program 25.11.2019
- World Bank representatives speak on READ program importance for education development 24.11.2019
- READ partner countries representatives report on cooperation with the READ program 24.11.2019
- Reforming examinations: READ partner countries share experience 23.11.2019
- “Public examinations examined” book presented at READ conference 22.11.2019