On January 28th members of Europe and Central Asia Comparative Education Society participated in discussion in frames of the 1st webinar organized by Major Group NGOs with support of representatives of UN member states. The main topic for the discussion was strategies and tools for provision of political leadership of the High-Level Political Forum in solving key issues of the Sustainable Development agenda related to overcoming results of the COVID-19. Many participants noted that at the moment many countries look into implementation of the SDGs only in frames of national borders, ignoring interrelations of issues and underestimating global trends. Before the pandemic many participants of the process clearly saw that SDGs won’t be reached, that’s why development of the new strategy and tools are very actual and needed asap. During the webinar participants received presentations from other major groups “Healthcare as a fundamental right”, “Climate change”, “Inequality, diversity and inclusion” and “System economical reform”.
Major Groups and other Stakeholders Webinar with President of ECOSOC
Happy New Year!
UNESCO Roadmap for next ten years of Education for Sustainable Development launched in every region
- “21st century skills” development research 16.09.2022
- The Evaluation of Teachers (ETP) tool 14.06.2022
- Participation in annual conference of Moscow School for Social and Economic Sciences “Tendencies in education development” 01.04.2022
- Participation in Global online consultations: SDGs for High Level Political Forum 2022 20.03.2022
- Revision of UNESCO “Recommendation on education 1974” 20.03.2022
- Participation in a series of UNESCO webinars on how to strengthen the capacity of ministries of education in their leading role in overcoming the educational crisis 15.03.2022
- Participation in World Bank Civil Society Policy Forum (CSPF) 2022 07.03.2022
- Participation in UNECE Regional Forum 2022 01.03.2022
- Meeting of the UN Major Group NGOs 20.02.2022
- Participation in United Nations 2022 ECOSOC Partnership Forum 15.02.2022