On January 28th members of Europe and Central Asia Comparative Education Society participated in discussion in frames of the 1st webinar organized by Major Group NGOs with support of representatives of UN member states. The main topic for the discussion was strategies and tools for provision of political leadership of the High-Level Political Forum in solving key issues of the Sustainable Development agenda related to overcoming results of the COVID-19. Many participants noted that at the moment many countries look into implementation of the SDGs only in frames of national borders, ignoring interrelations of issues and underestimating global trends. Before the pandemic many participants of the process clearly saw that SDGs won’t be reached, that’s why development of the new strategy and tools are very actual and needed asap. During the webinar participants received presentations from other major groups “Healthcare as a fundamental right”, “Climate change”, “Inequality, diversity and inclusion” and “System economical reform”.
Major Groups and other Stakeholders Webinar with President of ECOSOC
Happy New Year!
UNESCO Roadmap for next ten years of Education for Sustainable Development launched in every region
- The leaders of school education in Russia have been announced 22.04.2021
- Russia will participate in PIRLS-2021 and PISA-2022 08.04.2021
- New article: “Revisiting sustainable development Goal 4 in the context of COVID‐19 Pandemic” 27.03.2021
- European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education and the Network of Education Policy Centers in partnership with GEM publishes a new report on the state of education in Central and Eastern Europe 21.03.2021
- New TIMSS 2019 joint report released by International Association for Educational Achievements (IEA) and UNESCO 14.03.2021
- International Association for Educational Achievements announces global study for 21st Century skills 07.03.2021
- The World Bank Civil Society Policy Forum (CSPF) registration is now open 28.02.2021
- Capacity Development Workshop Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) 2021 21.02.2021
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network Launches Book Club with Jeffrey Sachs 14.02.2021
- UNESCO Roadmap for next ten years of Education for Sustainable Development launched in every region 07.02.2021