On January 28th members of Europe and Central Asia Comparative Education Society participated in discussion in frames of the 1st webinar organized by Major Group NGOs with support of representatives of UN member states. The main topic for the discussion was strategies and tools for provision of political leadership of the High-Level Political Forum in solving key issues of the Sustainable Development agenda related to overcoming results of the COVID-19. Many participants noted that at the moment many countries look into implementation of the SDGs only in frames of national borders, ignoring interrelations of issues and underestimating global trends. Before the pandemic many participants of the process clearly saw that SDGs won’t be reached, that’s why development of the new strategy and tools are very actual and needed asap. During the webinar participants received presentations from other major groups “Healthcare as a fundamental right”, “Climate change”, “Inequality, diversity and inclusion” and “System economical reform”.
Major Groups and other Stakeholders Webinar with President of ECOSOC
Happy New Year!
UNESCO Roadmap for next ten years of Education for Sustainable Development launched in every region
- Progress on girls’ access to education: What the new UNESCO data reveals 23.10.2023
- 44 million new teachers must be recruited by 2030 to achieve our education goals 29.09.2023
- The Eurasian Association for Education Quality Assessment Annual Conference 21.08.2023
- 2023 GEM Report just out 31.07.2023
- The results of PIRLS 2021 are finally published 26.06.2023
- Presentation of the SAM (Student Achievement Monitoring) tool among international experts 25.05.2023
- Countries cannot afford their SDG 4 benchmarks 17.04.2023
- Participation of the Centre in the UNECE Regional Forum 14.03.2023
- Take part in the online consultation for the 2024/5 GEM Report on leadership and education 03.03.2023
- The UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) publishes new data for SDG 4th 01.03.2023