We present to your attention the article “Modern approaches to assessing the effectiveness of the work of teachers. Review of Foreign Publications ”, published in the HSE Institute of Education’s Issues of Education, No. 3, 2018.
The authors of the material, O. V. Temniatkina and D. V. Tokmeninova, make a review of foreign publications on the problem of assessing the results of the work of teachers. Two main approaches are considered: assessing the performance of a teacher in terms of student performance and a formative assessment based on monitoring the teacher’s activities and establishing feedback from the teacher on the results of observation.
According to the authors of foreign publications, there is no reason to expect that the students’ academic performance indicators will fully correspond to the quantity and quality of the efforts made by the teacher for their training: academic performance depends on many factors that the teacher cannot influence. Some researchers suggest ways to increase the validity of using performance data in assessing teachers. Formative assessment of students gradually enters the structure of the pedagogical process, however, the principles of a formative assessment of the effectiveness of the teacher’s work are still emerging in school practice.
The article analyzes the methods and techniques formative assessment of the activities of the teacher, presents the first results of research on their capabilities and limitations. Most of the authors of the presented publications are unanimous in their opinion that the system for assessing the effectiveness of the teacher’s work should be organized so that it contributes to his professional and personal growth.
- The leaders of school education in Russia have been announced 22.04.2021
- Russia will participate in PIRLS-2021 and PISA-2022 08.04.2021
- New article: “Revisiting sustainable development Goal 4 in the context of COVID‐19 Pandemic” 27.03.2021
- European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education and the Network of Education Policy Centers in partnership with GEM publishes a new report on the state of education in Central and Eastern Europe 21.03.2021
- New TIMSS 2019 joint report released by International Association for Educational Achievements (IEA) and UNESCO 14.03.2021
- International Association for Educational Achievements announces global study for 21st Century skills 07.03.2021
- The World Bank Civil Society Policy Forum (CSPF) registration is now open 28.02.2021
- Capacity Development Workshop Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) 2021 21.02.2021
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network Launches Book Club with Jeffrey Sachs 14.02.2021
- UNESCO Roadmap for next ten years of Education for Sustainable Development launched in every region 07.02.2021