We present to your attention the article “Modern approaches to assessing the effectiveness of the work of teachers. Review of Foreign Publications ”, published in the HSE Institute of Education’s Issues of Education, No. 3, 2018.
The authors of the material, O. V. Temniatkina and D. V. Tokmeninova, make a review of foreign publications on the problem of assessing the results of the work of teachers. Two main approaches are considered: assessing the performance of a teacher in terms of student performance and a formative assessment based on monitoring the teacher’s activities and establishing feedback from the teacher on the results of observation.
According to the authors of foreign publications, there is no reason to expect that the students’ academic performance indicators will fully correspond to the quantity and quality of the efforts made by the teacher for their training: academic performance depends on many factors that the teacher cannot influence. Some researchers suggest ways to increase the validity of using performance data in assessing teachers. Formative assessment of students gradually enters the structure of the pedagogical process, however, the principles of a formative assessment of the effectiveness of the teacher’s work are still emerging in school practice.
The article analyzes the methods and techniques formative assessment of the activities of the teacher, presents the first results of research on their capabilities and limitations. Most of the authors of the presented publications are unanimous in their opinion that the system for assessing the effectiveness of the teacher’s work should be organized so that it contributes to his professional and personal growth.
- Join RTI International and NISSEM for a panel discussion on Social-Emotional Learning: From Policy to Practice 06.12.2019
- Discussion of the prospects of using SAM tool for development of classroom assessment was held at EAOKO conference 26.11.2019
- Test items development training was held as part of the EAOKO conference 26.11.2019
- IRSA study workgroup meeting 25.11.2019
- VIII annual international EAOKO conference was held is Minsk 25.11.2019
- Harry Patrinos speech on achievements and future of READ program 25.11.2019
- World Bank representatives speak on READ program importance for education development 24.11.2019
- READ partner countries representatives report on cooperation with the READ program 24.11.2019
- Reforming examinations: READ partner countries share experience 23.11.2019
- “Public examinations examined” book presented at READ conference 22.11.2019