In the new issue of the journal “Herald of Education” an article by the President of the Eurasian Association for the Evaluation of the Quality of Education, V. A. Bolotov, entitled “The past, present and possible future of the Russian system of education quality assessment” has been published.
The article discusses the main stages of the formation of the Russian system for assessing the quality of education: certification of educational institutions, participation in international comparative studies, the introduction of the Unified State Examinations, the formation of a community of professionals involved in the assessment of the quality of education.
The author sees the urgent tasks of the development of the national system for assessing the quality of education in the transition to a competence-oriented exam and a state examination with preservation of the subject component; in the creation of national monitoring, which would help to compare the regions and municipalities, as well as monitor the socialization of school graduates; in the development of various models of intraclass and intraschool assessment and the creation of tools for measuring individual progress of students. The author considers the absence of a competent interpretation of measurement results at all levels as the main problem in assessing the quality of education.
The article can be found at the link.
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019