The further education of graduates of the ninth grade is affected not only by academic performance and motivation, but also by the characteristics of the family.
According to the study families with different levels of education perceive differently the bad marks of children, which undoubtedly influences the choice of adolescents. Families with a high and medium level of education are also more likely to find alternative ways for children to continue their studies. In the choice of the university, children of highly educated parents also find themselves in the most advantageous position.
Educational inequality, coming from the characteristics of families, cannot be smoothed out only by the increase in school performance of students from non-privileged groups. It is necessary to work with other factors, the researchers emphasize. For example, “raise awareness and awareness of choice, motivation, help overcome barriers” on the way to prestigious universities.
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019