The International Council for the Assessment of the Quality of Education will discuss the strategic issues of developing the system for assessing the competencies of students. “We invite our experts, representatives of state educational authorities, international experts to participate in the work of this council. Only through joint efforts will we be able to work out the right decisions, “said Sergei Kravtsov, head of the Rosoboradzor.
Director of the Federal Institute for the Assessment of the Quality of Education (FIOKO), Sergei Stanchenko noted that, on the council’s site it will be possible to discuss such important issues as the formation of an objective assessment culture, the allocation in the teaching community of the nucleus of the most qualified teachers who can become the locomotive of the development of the national system of teacher growth, the possibility of digitalization of education.
The scientific director of the Institute for Educational Policy Problems “Eureka” Alexander Adamsky noted that now the key element of the system of assessing the quality of education is the use of Big data technologies that allow to accumulate and analyze a large array of data on the educational activity of schoolchildren and to build individual educational trajectories for them.
Director of the Department of Education and Skills of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Andreas Schleicher stated the importance of finding a balance between the reliability and effectiveness of valuation tools. According to him, an important challenge for the future in terms of assessing educational outcomes is to understand how to assess the competencies needed by a graduate of the 21st century. So, in his opinion, now it is more important not that the schoolboy learned, but how he can solve the tasks, using any sources of information. He also noted the importance of the feedback between the results obtained during the evaluation, the teachers and the students themselves, so that these results could be used to build a further educational trajectory.
- The articles of “In-classroom assessment practices” contest winners were published 05.05.2020
- UNSSC online course “Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development” 30.04.2020
- Online course on statistics for Sustainable Development from UNITAR 28.04.2020
- IRSA project participants will present its concept and outcomes at CIES-2020 02.02.2020
- 21st Century Skills implementation progress examined at GPE report 01.02.2020
- CICED experts will participate at CIES-2020 conference 26.01.2020
- “Measuring math self-concept among middle schoolers: questionnaire development and validation”: CICED expert’s article at PME&Yandex conference proceedings 23.01.2020
- Seminar devoted to IRSA research conducting was held on December 10-11 in Bishkek 23.12.2019
- CICED wishes you Happy Holidays! 20.12.2019
- Conference on education quality assessment took place in Moscow 17.12.2019