The International Council for the Assessment of the Quality of Education will discuss the strategic issues of developing the system for assessing the competencies of students. “We invite our experts, representatives of state educational authorities, international experts to participate in the work of this council. Only through joint efforts will we be able to work out the right decisions, “said Sergei Kravtsov, head of the Rosoboradzor.
Director of the Federal Institute for the Assessment of the Quality of Education (FIOKO), Sergei Stanchenko noted that, on the council’s site it will be possible to discuss such important issues as the formation of an objective assessment culture, the allocation in the teaching community of the nucleus of the most qualified teachers who can become the locomotive of the development of the national system of teacher growth, the possibility of digitalization of education.
The scientific director of the Institute for Educational Policy Problems “Eureka” Alexander Adamsky noted that now the key element of the system of assessing the quality of education is the use of Big data technologies that allow to accumulate and analyze a large array of data on the educational activity of schoolchildren and to build individual educational trajectories for them.
Director of the Department of Education and Skills of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Andreas Schleicher stated the importance of finding a balance between the reliability and effectiveness of valuation tools. According to him, an important challenge for the future in terms of assessing educational outcomes is to understand how to assess the competencies needed by a graduate of the 21st century. So, in his opinion, now it is more important not that the schoolboy learned, but how he can solve the tasks, using any sources of information. He also noted the importance of the feedback between the results obtained during the evaluation, the teachers and the students themselves, so that these results could be used to build a further educational trajectory.
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019