The READ 2 Trust Fund will help countries to improve their capacity to monitor and support student learning through the design, implementation, and use of strong assessment systems. Eight countries have been selected to receive grants under the READ 2 Trust Fund Program: Armenia, Cambodia, India, the Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Nepal, Tajikistan, and Vietnam.
Overall, 17 country teams submitted proposals for a READ 2 grant. Each proposal underwent rigorous review by a team of independent experts. Shortlisted proposals were discussed and approved by the READ Council, which is made up of leaders from the World Bank and the Russian Federation.
Four countries on the approved list—Armenia, the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, and Vietnam—also received grants under READ 1. These countries will continue to build on their earlier work under READ 2.
- Join RTI International and NISSEM for a panel discussion on Social-Emotional Learning: From Policy to Practice 06.12.2019
- Discussion of the prospects of using SAM tool for development of classroom assessment was held at EAOKO conference 26.11.2019
- Test items development training was held as part of the EAOKO conference 26.11.2019
- IRSA study workgroup meeting 25.11.2019
- VIII annual international EAOKO conference was held is Minsk 25.11.2019
- Harry Patrinos speech on achievements and future of READ program 25.11.2019
- World Bank representatives speak on READ program importance for education development 24.11.2019
- READ partner countries representatives report on cooperation with the READ program 24.11.2019
- Reforming examinations: READ partner countries share experience 23.11.2019
- “Public examinations examined” book presented at READ conference 22.11.2019