The READ 2 Trust Fund will help countries to improve their capacity to monitor and support student learning through the design, implementation, and use of strong assessment systems. Eight countries have been selected to receive grants under the READ 2 Trust Fund Program: Armenia, Cambodia, India, the Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Nepal, Tajikistan, and Vietnam.
Overall, 17 country teams submitted proposals for a READ 2 grant. Each proposal underwent rigorous review by a team of independent experts. Shortlisted proposals were discussed and approved by the READ Council, which is made up of leaders from the World Bank and the Russian Federation.
Four countries on the approved list—Armenia, the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, and Vietnam—also received grants under READ 1. These countries will continue to build on their earlier work under READ 2.
- “21st century skills” development research 16.09.2022
- The Evaluation of Teachers (ETP) tool 14.06.2022
- Participation in annual conference of Moscow School for Social and Economic Sciences “Tendencies in education development” 01.04.2022
- Participation in Global online consultations: SDGs for High Level Political Forum 2022 20.03.2022
- Revision of UNESCO “Recommendation on education 1974” 20.03.2022
- Participation in a series of UNESCO webinars on how to strengthen the capacity of ministries of education in their leading role in overcoming the educational crisis 15.03.2022
- Participation in World Bank Civil Society Policy Forum (CSPF) 2022 07.03.2022
- Participation in UNECE Regional Forum 2022 01.03.2022
- Meeting of the UN Major Group NGOs 20.02.2022
- Participation in United Nations 2022 ECOSOC Partnership Forum 15.02.2022