Russia was included in the group of countries with the highest level of human development. This is reported by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP). The presentation of the report took place at the UN headquarters in New York.
In total the rating included 189 countries among which Russia took 49th place. The group of countries with a very high level of human development comprised 59 states, of which the countries of the near abroad included Estonia (30th), Poland (33rd), Lithuania (35th), Latvia (41st place), Belarus (53rd place) and Kazakhstan (58th place).
The rating is headed by Norway. The top three also included Switzerland and Australia.
Many former Soviet Union countries came to the next group of states – with a high level of development. Georgia took 70th place, Azerbaijan – 80th, Armenia – 83rd, Ukraine – 88th, Uzbekistan was on the 105th position, and Turkmenistan – on the 108th position. Moldova and Tajikistan fell into the category of states with an average level of development and settled at 112th and 127th places respectively.
The Human Development Index is an indicator calculated annually for the intercountry measurement of the quality of life. The score is based on three main indicators: life expectancy, literacy level of population and standard of living.
- New issue of CICED newsletter 28.05.2020
- The articles of “In-classroom assessment practices” contest winners were published 05.05.2020
- UNSSC online course “Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development” 30.04.2020
- Online course on statistics for Sustainable Development from UNITAR 28.04.2020
- IRSA project participants will present its concept and outcomes at CIES-2020 02.02.2020
- 21st Century Skills implementation progress examined at GPE report 01.02.2020
- CICED experts will participate at CIES-2020 conference 26.01.2020
- “Measuring math self-concept among middle schoolers: questionnaire development and validation”: CICED expert’s article at PME&Yandex conference proceedings 23.01.2020
- Seminar devoted to IRSA research conducting was held on December 10-11 in Bishkek 23.12.2019
- CICED wishes you Happy Holidays! 20.12.2019