Russia has set a goal to enter the top ten of the leading countries in the PISA survey. If Russia continues to strengthen its achievements with the rates that are observed from 2003 to 2015, the country can take 10th place in 5 or 6 years. Director of the Department of Education and Skills, Special Advisor on Education Policy in the Secretary General of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Andreas Schleicher spoke about the evolution of school education told about this in the interview for RIA News
– Russia has set a goal to enter the top ten of the leading countries in the PISA survey. Do you think this goal is achievable?
– Yes, I think this goal is quite real. Imagine that in 1960 in Singapore only a small proportion of residents had basic mathematical literacy and most young Singaporeans did not have access to education. Today Singapore is the leader of PISA. As the results of the latest wave of our study show, a quarter of Russian 15-year-olds are already on the same level as the leader. If Russia continues to strengthen its achievements with the rates that are observed from 2003 to 2015, the country can take 10th place in 5 or 6 years. It is important that Russian students become better able to cope with tasks in which they need to extrapolate existing knowledge and apply their creative skills in new, unfamiliar situations, be able to solve complex problems, such as those on which PISA focuses.
- The leaders of school education in Russia have been announced 22.04.2021
- Russia will participate in PIRLS-2021 and PISA-2022 08.04.2021
- New article: “Revisiting sustainable development Goal 4 in the context of COVID‐19 Pandemic” 27.03.2021
- European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education and the Network of Education Policy Centers in partnership with GEM publishes a new report on the state of education in Central and Eastern Europe 21.03.2021
- New TIMSS 2019 joint report released by International Association for Educational Achievements (IEA) and UNESCO 14.03.2021
- International Association for Educational Achievements announces global study for 21st Century skills 07.03.2021
- The World Bank Civil Society Policy Forum (CSPF) registration is now open 28.02.2021
- Capacity Development Workshop Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) 2021 21.02.2021
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network Launches Book Club with Jeffrey Sachs 14.02.2021
- UNESCO Roadmap for next ten years of Education for Sustainable Development launched in every region 07.02.2021