Russia has set a goal to enter the top ten of the leading countries in the PISA survey. If Russia continues to strengthen its achievements with the rates that are observed from 2003 to 2015, the country can take 10th place in 5 or 6 years. Director of the Department of Education and Skills, Special Advisor on Education Policy in the Secretary General of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Andreas Schleicher spoke about the evolution of school education told about this in the interview for RIA News
– Russia has set a goal to enter the top ten of the leading countries in the PISA survey. Do you think this goal is achievable?
– Yes, I think this goal is quite real. Imagine that in 1960 in Singapore only a small proportion of residents had basic mathematical literacy and most young Singaporeans did not have access to education. Today Singapore is the leader of PISA. As the results of the latest wave of our study show, a quarter of Russian 15-year-olds are already on the same level as the leader. If Russia continues to strengthen its achievements with the rates that are observed from 2003 to 2015, the country can take 10th place in 5 or 6 years. It is important that Russian students become better able to cope with tasks in which they need to extrapolate existing knowledge and apply their creative skills in new, unfamiliar situations, be able to solve complex problems, such as those on which PISA focuses.
- Join RTI International and NISSEM for a panel discussion on Social-Emotional Learning: From Policy to Practice 06.12.2019
- Discussion of the prospects of using SAM tool for development of classroom assessment was held at EAOKO conference 26.11.2019
- Test items development training was held as part of the EAOKO conference 26.11.2019
- IRSA study workgroup meeting 25.11.2019
- VIII annual international EAOKO conference was held is Minsk 25.11.2019
- Harry Patrinos speech on achievements and future of READ program 25.11.2019
- World Bank representatives speak on READ program importance for education development 24.11.2019
- READ partner countries representatives report on cooperation with the READ program 24.11.2019
- Reforming examinations: READ partner countries share experience 23.11.2019
- “Public examinations examined” book presented at READ conference 22.11.2019