Russia has set a goal to enter the top ten of the leading countries in the PISA survey. If Russia continues to strengthen its achievements with the rates that are observed from 2003 to 2015, the country can take 10th place in 5 or 6 years. Director of the Department of Education and Skills, Special Advisor on Education Policy in the Secretary General of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Andreas Schleicher spoke about the evolution of school education told about this in the interview for RIA News
– Russia has set a goal to enter the top ten of the leading countries in the PISA survey. Do you think this goal is achievable?
– Yes, I think this goal is quite real. Imagine that in 1960 in Singapore only a small proportion of residents had basic mathematical literacy and most young Singaporeans did not have access to education. Today Singapore is the leader of PISA. As the results of the latest wave of our study show, a quarter of Russian 15-year-olds are already on the same level as the leader. If Russia continues to strengthen its achievements with the rates that are observed from 2003 to 2015, the country can take 10th place in 5 or 6 years. It is important that Russian students become better able to cope with tasks in which they need to extrapolate existing knowledge and apply their creative skills in new, unfamiliar situations, be able to solve complex problems, such as those on which PISA focuses.
- Happy New Year! 28.12.2020
- EAOKO-2020 Annual Conference 05.10.2020
- Happy Knowledge Day! 01.09.2020
- New issue of CICED newsletter 28.05.2020
- The articles of “In-classroom assessment practices” contest winners were published 05.05.2020
- UNSSC online course “Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development” 30.04.2020
- Online course on statistics for Sustainable Development from UNITAR 28.04.2020
- IRSA project participants will present its concept and outcomes at CIES-2020 02.02.2020
- 21st Century Skills implementation progress examined at GPE report 01.02.2020
- CICED experts will participate at CIES-2020 conference 26.01.2020