Seminar will take place on September 18th. The seminar is dedicated to presentation of the preliminary findings of the international report “Universal Competencies and New Literacy: What to Teach Today for Tomorrow’s Success”.
The project aims at conceptualizing the changes in the content of school education: addition of universal skills to subject knowledge. The project has the great importance not only for Russia, but for the whole World.
The report is a result of a consortium of leading research institutes from seven countries (Russia, Great Britain, Canada, China, Korea, Poland, USA, Finland). Russian international team includes specialists from the HSE Institute of Education and the Moscow City Pedagogical University (MGPU).
Two main questions of the project are:
- What universal skills and types of literacy are the most important?
- How to form them in school education?
Seminar program includes report and discussion. The speakers are:
– Isak Frumin, scientific director of the HSE Institute of Education;
– Igor Remorenko, Rector of the Moscow State Pedagogical University;
– Maria Dobryakova, chief expert of the Center for the Study of School Practices and Educational Programs of the 21st Century of the Institute of Education of the Higher School of Economics.
For those who cannot participate in the seminar an online broadcast will be provided.
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019