At the IV International Conference “Education in the Modern World: Challenges, Evaluation, Solutions,” held in Moscow on August 30-31, Sergei Kravtsov, the head of the agency, recalled the task set in the decree of Russian President Vladimir Putin to ensure the entry of our country by 2024 in the top ten of the world’s leading countries in the quality of general education.
In his opinion, to reach the result, all necessary prerequisites are in place: a unified system for assessing the quality of education has been created, analysis and work with the results of various evaluation procedures, including with objective results of the USE, is already ranked first in the world in terms of readers’ literacy level primary school in the PIRLS study, and in the PISA study for 15-year-olds exceeded the average for the OECD countries and demonstrates one of the best dynamics in the world.
The key factors that should influence the improvement of Russia’s results, according to the head of Rosoboradnadzor, are standards that provide uniform requirements for the content, results and conditions of education, regularly updated teaching aids, an objective assessment of the results of students, the competencies of teachers and school principals and working with results of this assessment. “Then, despite all the diversity that exists in the education system of the Russian Federation, we can take first place. This is a very difficult task, but it is realizable, and the basis for such development is laid, “Sergei Kravtsov said.
In developing the competencies of graduates of 2030, the most relevant objectives are basic academic training, functional literacy, teamwork, independence in the formulation of goals and their achievement. Also the development of social and emotional competencies among schoolchildren, such as adaptability, attention, empathy, courage, correctness, perseverance, honesty and others is necessary.
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019