At the IV International Conference “Education in the Modern World: Challenges, Evaluation, Solutions,” held in Moscow on August 30-31, Sergei Kravtsov, the head of the agency, recalled the task set in the decree of Russian President Vladimir Putin to ensure the entry of our country by 2024 in the top ten of the world’s leading countries in the quality of general education.
In his opinion, to reach the result, all necessary prerequisites are in place: a unified system for assessing the quality of education has been created, analysis and work with the results of various evaluation procedures, including with objective results of the USE, is already ranked first in the world in terms of readers’ literacy level primary school in the PIRLS study, and in the PISA study for 15-year-olds exceeded the average for the OECD countries and demonstrates one of the best dynamics in the world.
The key factors that should influence the improvement of Russia’s results, according to the head of Rosoboradnadzor, are standards that provide uniform requirements for the content, results and conditions of education, regularly updated teaching aids, an objective assessment of the results of students, the competencies of teachers and school principals and working with results of this assessment. “Then, despite all the diversity that exists in the education system of the Russian Federation, we can take first place. This is a very difficult task, but it is realizable, and the basis for such development is laid, “Sergei Kravtsov said.
In developing the competencies of graduates of 2030, the most relevant objectives are basic academic training, functional literacy, teamwork, independence in the formulation of goals and their achievement. Also the development of social and emotional competencies among schoolchildren, such as adaptability, attention, empathy, courage, correctness, perseverance, honesty and others is necessary.
- The articles of “In-classroom assessment practices” contest winners were published 05.05.2020
- UNSSC online course “Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development” 30.04.2020
- Online course on statistics for Sustainable Development from UNITAR 28.04.2020
- IRSA project participants will present its concept and outcomes at CIES-2020 02.02.2020
- 21st Century Skills implementation progress examined at GPE report 01.02.2020
- CICED experts will participate at CIES-2020 conference 26.01.2020
- “Measuring math self-concept among middle schoolers: questionnaire development and validation”: CICED expert’s article at PME&Yandex conference proceedings 23.01.2020
- Seminar devoted to IRSA research conducting was held on December 10-11 in Bishkek 23.12.2019
- CICED wishes you Happy Holidays! 20.12.2019
- Conference on education quality assessment took place in Moscow 17.12.2019