CICED in partnership with UNESCO announces the development of General Education System Quality Analysis/Diagnosis Framework.
International, regional and national assessments of learning outcomes testify to the poor quality of education in many countries around the world. Both developed and developing countries are aware of the quality crisis and its development consequences. Most education reform programs therefore include education quality improvement and the enhancement of equity among the key strategic objectives.
Despite all the efforts, the education quality challenge persists, and the EFA quality goals are dauntingly off track. One of the major obstacles is the lack of tools for conducting systemic analyses of critical constraints hampering the achievement of education quality goals.
Therefore, UNESCO, in collaboration with its Member States, developed the General Education Quality Analysis/Diagnosis Framework (GEQAF).
Its objective is to strengthen national capacity in assessing education systems based on local knowledge and expertise. The diagnostics/analysis guided by the GEQAF should strengthen both the qualitative and quantitative knowledge base required to design and implement responsive, targeted and timely quality improvement interventions.
The GEQAF contains 15 Analytical Tools covering all key aspects of an education system taking into account the interdependencies and linkages between the various aspects.
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019