UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) released the most recent education data and indicators (for the 2017 school year) for about 200 countries and territories in its global education database.
While the global and regional totals remain the same as those released last September, the database now contains more timely and country-level data, including the indicators used to monitor progress towards the Sustainable Development Goal on education (UIS SDG 4 country profiles are currently being updated). For example, the new UIS data reveal serious disparities in the classroom conditions facing children and teachers – from the percentage of schools with access to electricity, clean drinking water and single-sex toilets to Internet access and computers.
The UIS also continues to work with partners to develop the methodological tools to help countries make the greatest use of their data. For example, its new guidebook produced together with the World Bank, Measuring Household Expenditure on Education: A Guidebook for Designing Household Survey Questionnaires, is designed to help countries gain a more accurate view of the amounts families are spending on their children’s education, while also reporting on SDG 4 Indicator 4.5.4.
In the area of learning outcomes, we have released a new paper to help countries measure digital literacy skills as part of Indicator 4.4.2. The paper provides a series of practical recommendations on the different types of assessment tools that countries can use to report data according to the new Digital Literacy Global Framework. We have also released a country hub for assessment data to help countries link the different conceptual, methodological and reporting frameworks for SDG 4 indicators on learning outcomes.
UIS education database on the link.
- Happy New Year! 20.12.2021
- International activities of the CICED in 2021 19.12.2021
- Annual XXVII scientific practical conference of the International Association for Developing Education 19.12.2021
- Meeting of the Building Evidence for Education working group 25.11.2021
- Meeting of the UNESCO Global Alliance to Monitor Learning (GAML) 05.11.2021
- Annual conference of the Eurasian Association for Educational Assessment 2021 25.10.2021
- The Civil Society Policy Forum (CSPF) 2021 05.10.2021
- Meeting with representatives of the Center for Education Quality Assessment under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan 30.09.2021
- Meeting with representatives of the Center for Assessment and Testing under the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Republic of Armenia 27.09.2021
- Meeting with the representatives of the National Center for Assessment of the Quality of Education and Information Technologies of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic 17.09.2021