Center for International Cooperation in Education Development CICED with the support of the World Bank implements the Small Grants Program, which is aimed at the formation of professional contacts between experts from Russia and CIS countries, as well as at development and support expert capacity in the field of education quality assessment.
The Small Grants Program is implemented within the Russia Education Aid for Development READ. The READ program is a joint initiative of the Government of the Russian Federation and the World Bank. The main task of the READ program is to support participating countries in building the capacity of institutions responsible for measuring learning achievements, and use these data to improve teaching and learning.
- Review and recommendations for the use of data of student’s achievements assessment in policy decisions making related to admission and rgraduation of pupils for different levels of education;
- Study of the experience of introduction and implementation of training programs for professional development for teachers on use of in-classroom assessment;
- The study of existing and new mechanisms and approaches to analysis, presentation and use of assessment data for the improvement and development of teaching and learning.
Expert committee includes representatives of CICED, the World Bank and leading Russian and international experts
- Reviews applications
- Reviews and accepts midterm research reports
- Reviews and accepts final research reports
The grant amount is up to $10000 USD. Only individual work of researchers will be financed through the Program. Other project expenses shall be covered from other sources.
Winners of the competition will also receive further expert support for the research:
- Support in editing, reviewing and publishing of the article on the results of the conducted research
- Invitation to make a presentation at the international conference