The main topic of international work in 2021 for the Center for International Cooperation in Education Development was the overcoming of the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic for educational systems related to the closure of schools and the transition to other formats of education. For developing countries, the effects of the pandemic have been particularly significant. To help countries get out of the education crisis caused by sudden interruptions in regular learning and resulting in knowledge gap as quickly as possible, international expert groups are working to assess the losses and make recommendations for the period after learners return to school. The CICED Center took an active part in these works, by proposing and discussing modern methodologies developed by Russian experts and promoting the results of the READ Program. At the meeting of the international working group of the largest donors of education Building Evidence for Education, a tool for assessing the pedagogical practices of primary school teachers was presented. Within the framework of the Global Alliance to Monitor Learning UNESCO, approaches to assessing the quality of education in a distance format and assessing the global scale of knowledge loss as a result of the pandemic were discussed. At the UNESCO Forum in November participants discussed the impact of the education crisis on developing countries. For the first time, READ experts, with the assistance of the Center, took part in the work of the United Nations NGO Major Group, including translation and preparation of materials for the High Level Political Forum. This work laid the foundation for new collaboration on topics related to overcoming the consequences of the pandemic, strengthened the Center’s status as an international expert network organization and contributed to the promotion of the results of the READ Program in the international arena.
International activities of the CICED in 2021
Annual XXVII scientific practical conference of the International Association for Developing Education
Happy New Year!
- Happy New Year! 25.12.2023
- Quasi-adaptive version of SAM tests 21.12.2023
- Using SAM to Measure Computer Literacy 19.12.2023
- Working meeting of representatives of CICED with representatives of the National Center for Assessment of the Quality of Education (NCQA) under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan” 15.12.2023
- Working meeting of representatives of CICED with representatives of the National Institute of Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Belarus 12.12.2023
- Working meeting of representatives of the Center for International Cooperation for the Development of Education with the Deputy Minister of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic and representatives of the National Center for Assessment of the Quality of Education and Information Technologies under the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic (NTSOKOIT) 07.12.2023
- Working meeting of representatives of the Center for International Cooperation for the Development of Education with representatives of the Center for Assessment and Testing (ACT RA) under the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Republic of Armenia 05.12.2023
- International cooperation of CICED in 2023 27.11.2023
- Progress on girls’ access to education: What the new UNESCO data reveals 23.10.2023
- 44 million new teachers must be recruited by 2030 to achieve our education goals 29.09.2023