In Hamburg, participating countries concluded TIMSS 2015 and TIMSS Advanced 2015 with International Database training, and kicked off TIMSS 2019 with discussions of updating mathematics and science assessments.
Sabine Meinck, Head of Research, Analysis & Sampling Unit, and her team at IEA Hamburg trained countries in the International Databases using hands-on exercises at the TIMSS and TIMSS Advanced 2015 9th NRC Meeting.
For the second half of the week, countries reviewed the updated TIMSS 2019 mathematics and science frameworks, as well as the Context Questionnaire Frameworks and Questionnaires. Participants also discussed the eTIMSS pilot and covered technical questions about the administration of eTIMSS.
*Prepared on materials published at www.timssandpirls.bc.edu
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019
- Short-term training “Learning assessments: How to use data for policy making purposes” will take a place in Paris on October 2-4 2019 18.09.2019
- Moscow hosted V International conference “21-st century schooling: soft skills development and assessment” on August 29 09.09.2019
- GAML 6 meeting was held August 27-28 in Erevan 06.09.2019