We bring to your attention the Interfax material, in which Alexander Belikov, an analyst at the Center for Socio-Economic Development of the Institute of Education at HSE, and the leading expert at the Center for Socio-Economic Development at the Institute of Educationat HSE Tatyana Mertsalova talk about the problems of content and availability of statistical data on Russian secondary schools.
According to the authors, the main problem of Russian educational statistics (or, more precisely, of all Russian statistics) is not so much the lack of data as the archaic nature of their presentation, and lack of access to them, especially in terms of information about educational results and object-specific data about educational organizations . Data on schools in Russia is collected, but working with it, being a non-professional, is almost impossible.
The absence of information that could be useful to researchers, managers, or other interested persons is rather isolated cases. The main problem is to make what is already convenient and accessible for use.
- The leaders of school education in Russia have been announced 22.04.2021
- Russia will participate in PIRLS-2021 and PISA-2022 08.04.2021
- New article: “Revisiting sustainable development Goal 4 in the context of COVID‐19 Pandemic” 27.03.2021
- European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education and the Network of Education Policy Centers in partnership with GEM publishes a new report on the state of education in Central and Eastern Europe 21.03.2021
- New TIMSS 2019 joint report released by International Association for Educational Achievements (IEA) and UNESCO 14.03.2021
- International Association for Educational Achievements announces global study for 21st Century skills 07.03.2021
- The World Bank Civil Society Policy Forum (CSPF) registration is now open 28.02.2021
- Capacity Development Workshop Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) 2021 21.02.2021
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network Launches Book Club with Jeffrey Sachs 14.02.2021
- UNESCO Roadmap for next ten years of Education for Sustainable Development launched in every region 07.02.2021