We bring to your attention the Interfax material, in which Alexander Belikov, an analyst at the Center for Socio-Economic Development of the Institute of Education at HSE, and the leading expert at the Center for Socio-Economic Development at the Institute of Educationat HSE Tatyana Mertsalova talk about the problems of content and availability of statistical data on Russian secondary schools.
According to the authors, the main problem of Russian educational statistics (or, more precisely, of all Russian statistics) is not so much the lack of data as the archaic nature of their presentation, and lack of access to them, especially in terms of information about educational results and object-specific data about educational organizations . Data on schools in Russia is collected, but working with it, being a non-professional, is almost impossible.
The absence of information that could be useful to researchers, managers, or other interested persons is rather isolated cases. The main problem is to make what is already convenient and accessible for use.
- 21st Century Skills were brought together in a system 18.10.2019
- Discussion of updated version of Federal State Education Standards took place in Moscow 16.10.2019
- VIII Annual international conference of Eurasian Association for education quality assessment (EAOKO) will be held on November 14-15 in Minsk 14.10.2019
- EdCrunch-2019 6th International conference on new practices in education took place in Moscow 04.10.2019
- MGPU hosted 7th National Symposium “Contemporary education: experience, innovations, perspective” took place in Sochi 03.10.2019
- Round table: “Education quality assessment based on international experience in frames of “Contemporary school” federal project” was held on September 30 01.10.2019
- 4th National research-and-practice conference: “Effective models to manage professional development of the heads of educational institutions of Russian Federation on a competency-based approach concerning regional features” was held in Moscow 27.09.2019
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and OECD will assess school education quality, according to PISA research standards 22.09.2019
- Outcomes of TALIS-2018 International study of school teachers’ work are announced 21.09.2019
- An All-Russian conference “Managing internal education quality assessment system in modern schools” will be held 09-11 October 2019 in Moscow 20.09.2019